As we settle in to a new decade, traditional wedding rules are out! Colour is the new neutral, dried flowers the new specialty bloom and sustainable practices the new expectation. We’re sharing a few trends that will be helpful in planning your special day!
- The best planning advice … create a list of things that are important to you as a couple. Then refer back to this list throughout the planning process to make sure your event reflects your initial goals. Stay true to your original vision and meaning of your celebration creating an experience that feels unique.
- The biggest trend in 2020 that most experts agree on is COLOUR is in. Gone are the days of white and gold with couples now using colour to bring more fun and excitement to their celebrations, showcasing personal style.
- Wedding planners agree on the one trend they would like to see gone in 2020––wedding favours. Despite best-laid plans they are often left on tables. Put that budget item into welcome gifts; think blankets for cozy coastal ceremonies or cinched-up shawls or an interactive cocktail hour.
- Use of non-traditional flowers (dried) instead of fresh flowers. Combine multiple textures to create more depth and visual interest like ceremony structures that are round or asymmetrical instead of a traditional shape.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable practices are being incorporated into more nuptials, such as eliminating floral foam in all wedding designs.
- And… Say Yes to Your Dress. Check-in with up to three family or friends, enjoy a wine and cheese platter snuggled up in our plush robes while you map out your plan-of-attack on the TEN bridal shops located within a five-minute walk from our front door at aptly named, Bridal Row.
With the Fraser River boardwalk as your picture-perfect backdrop, we offer a spectacular venue for large formal weddings to small intimate ceremonies. Let us help make your happily ever after come true with our dedicated wedding specialist there to support you through the whole planning process.