The essence of cool … it is undeniable that the waterfront district of New Westminster exudes vibrance, balancing the line between exploring the latest trends and stepping into a city with plaza’s and parks brimming with history and culture.
Summers in New Westminster offer everything from arts and culture to a culinary scene brimming with food festivals and incredible eateries! Whether planning a weekend stay or a mini-vacation, this list will help you map out what’s happening:
- Fridays on Front Street. Every Friday from 5 pm to 9 pm. Free to everyone, Fridays on Front Street are family friendly socials that feature artisan vendors, live music and food trucks along with featured breweries and wineries!
- Outdoor Movie Night. July 26, 2019. Grab a blanket, some munchies and your fav flick friend and head over to Westminster Pier Park for an adult only viewing of Bohemian Rhapsody. Food and liquor sales available from 8 pm to 11 pm.
- Columbia StrEAT Food Truck Festival. July 27, 2019. With free admission, don’t miss the largest one-day food truck festival on the continent, with over 100 food trucks, numerous beer gardens, live music and much more! Just steps from our front door.
- New West Pride Street Festival. August 10 to August 17, 2019. Celebrating the 10th anniversary, this year will be the biggest event as the city comes alive with rainbows and activities for everyone, including entertainers and food trucks. Check the full schedule of activities.
- Foodie Haven. With a culinary scene that includes our onsite Boathouse Restaurant along with pubs and great eats from Mediterranean to Vegetarian, even the most discernible gourmand will find gastronomic heaven here.
- Fraser River Discovery Centre. Open daily. For those big and small, discover the stories and diversity of the entire Fraser River through rotating exhibits and hands-on programs.
- Play Indoor Hopscotch. Throwback to your elementary school days … how about a 216-foot-long hopscotch! You can hop, skip and jump through a colourful display of anecdotes and visuals of New Westminster at River Market.
- Arts District. Our modern and vibrant art scene includes performing arts, dance studios and galleries including the Anvil Centre, located in our historic cultural district.
- Pier Park. Connecting the community to the waterfront, Pier Park includes gardens, volleyball courts, public art and playgrounds. What better way to spend a breezy summer afternoon than hanging out in one of the hammocks located throughout the park!
- Waterfront View. After a day of exploration, retreat to our chic, boutique-style waterfront hotel where you can linger with your favourite beverage in hand and enjoy our magnificent views of the river.
With our Stay Longer and Save package, there is no better time to come and explore New Westminster! Enjoy great entertainment, festivals, cultural events, dining and shopping! Save the hassle of parking by using the New Westminster Sky Train Station, just a short walk from our front door and a 30-minute ride from downtown Vancouver!
Receive 12% off our best available rates when you stay three consecutive nights or more. Book your stay