The day you have been waiting for is finally here … saying YES to your wedding dress with your bridal besties in tow! Located a bouquet-throw (and five-minute walk) away from Bridal Row, our boutique-style waterfront hotel has put together a decadent package including overnight stay, arrival wine and cheese (oh my) and the latest in bridal reads (for inspiration). After dinner, slip into plush robes and lounge in your spacious room, making a list of tomorrow’s shopping adventures.
Time to wake up, sleeping beauties! Rise and shine to a day filled with charmeuse and chiffon as you visit 10 of trendiest bridal shops in the Lower Mainland. Whether your style is classic and traditional or bold and dramatic, you’re dream dress awaits.
Here is a list of five fabulous tips to make your shopping experience the day you dreamed of, from our friends at The Knot:
- Select a dress that fits your wedding date (season appropriate).
- Wear a touch more makeup than usual to get you in the mood and help decide which gown will look fab for your big day.
- Feel trust in your consultant. Like wedding dresses, they come in all shapes and vintages. They could be older than your mom or young and single, but they are there because they’re qualified. They see hundreds of gowns and body types … share your specific wants (long sleeves, lace) and be open to their suggestions.
- A bridal size 6 is not a retail size 6. Wedding dress sizes are not the same as street clothing. Don’t get hung up on a number on a tag but rather the fit and feel.
- You’re gonna cry. It’s okay, bring tissues. It’s an emotionally-charged experience, so enjoy it your way.
Before saying adieu to New West, take a peek at our picture-perfect wedding spaces for your sassy soiree or exquisite affair. Now close your eyes and imagine your ceremony on a breathtaking patio perched over the water. Make a statement with delicious dishes that suit your guest list while staying true to your budget. Now dream of your first dance in a beautiful ballroom with a waterfront view.