So your bestie got engaged and asked you to be the maid of honour. Among the list of duties includes helping her pick the perfect wedding dress. One of the most exciting but stressful parts of planning a wedding for a bride-to-be is finding THE dress that matches her aesthetic and personality. Don’t panic. We’ve got you covered with this fab list of completing this task with pizzazz!
- Know her style. You’re best friends, close confidantes and workout buds. What’s her style? Is her closet full of dresses and heels or more leggings and flats? Browse the internet and bridal magazines ahead of time to get a feel for the latest styles and shapes that will flatter her most.
- Understand her vision. This will be her day to shine and her dream dress may be something you never would have guessed. Talk with your BFF to know what she envisions with regards to shape, fabric and style. This will help eliminate undue dress stress.
- Help her stay focused. Before you start dress shopping, make sure to know what she is comfortable spending and help her stick to it. The goal is for you to help her walk away with a dress she loves within her budget … she’ll love the support in making her dream dress a reality.
- Make dress shopping easy. Our Say Yes to Your Dress package includes deluxe accommodations for up to four where you can check-in and cozy up with plush robes while savouring wine and cheese and perusing the latest bridal magazines. The next morning, less than a five-minute walk, spend the day visiting Wedding Row with TEN fabulous stores to choose from including The Bridal Gallery and Lisa’s Bridal.
- Be a digital diva. After asking permission with the store manager, take photographs of the dresses she tries on. Organize the photos by store and style, allowing you to review at the end of the day as well as show options to friends and family not in attendance. Can’t take a pic? Keep a log of brands, style numbers and descriptions to easily refer to later.
Located just a short distance from Vancouver, our funky couches in vibrant colours, fluffy bathrobes and breathtaking waterfront view rooms, make Saying Yes to Your Dress easier than ever. Relax and unwind with room service or visit our Boathouse Restaurant for drinks and dinner. We can’t wait to go above and beyond for you and your BFF!